Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New App: AndroidArt (Experimental) (Unreleased)

I've begun a good bit of development on an experimental app idea I came up with. The name is definitely still in the works, but it will be the first REAL art application for the Android, and possibly the first fully-dynamic art application on any SmartDevice! Here are some details:
  • Simple User Interface - Opening the app opens a new, blank image, options to open an image, save, undo, redo, etc...
  • Basic Tools - Pencil, Paint Brush, Fill Bucket, Erase, Line, Circle, Square, Select, Color Picker, etc...
  • Advanced Tools - Blur, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Gradient Fill, etc...
  • Basic Filters - Sepia, Desaturate, Blur, Edge, Red Eye Removal, etc...
  • Advanced Filters - Anything and everything! Fractals, Fire, Motion Blur, Cartoonize, Smoke, etc...
Basically I want to build a REAL photoshop/gimp-esque app, with plugins and scripting, that really fits the bill for a true art creation/editing tool so that you no longer have to link your artwork back into a computer, you can just build it the way you want, and share it out via the app to whatever social/art-network you prefer!

This is a huge project, but I'm already pretty well along the way. I've built the foundation for the basics, and am just implementing them as I work on my other projects. I am confident this market will get huge really fast as the bigger companies realize computers are becoming a thing of the past and tablets are the future.

I'll try and give regular updates as I am sure to run into thousands of frustrations with this, but I'm excited about it none-the-less.

The very basic FREE version should be available to the Android Market soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment